Nobody said that writing an analytical paper would be an easy thing to deal with. But no student can avoid this challenging assignment when studying in the college, university or even high school. Analysis itself is a crucial and inevitable element of critical thinking and an essential step in accomplishing a great deal of assignments on the whole. Being able to conduct a profound analysis is an important skill without which students cannot succeed in their studies. While in most of cases this skill doesn't come with birth, you have to learn it, develop and improve throughout your entire academic career. Luckily enough, we are here to help you with it. First of all, in order to get a glimpse of what an analytical writing should be like, we suggest you taking a look at an effective analytical essay sample. And more than that, we offer you complete guidance and support during the whole writing process. If you find that you cannot cope with the assignment on your own, let us know and we will provide you with assistance instantly. You can just make an order and let our professional writers do the rest for you. Affordable price, confidentiality guarantees and a stunning result are the most valuable advantages of our service. So don't hesitate and contact us as soon as possible!
Things to know about analytical writing
We all are constantly analyzing things around us, even though we might not pay attention to it. So analysis as such is not something new. Whenever we find ourselves in a certain situation, or we have just watched a movie or read a book, we tend to judge it and decide whether we like it or not. So the thing that comes first before the judgement and evaluation is analysis, whether we are conscious of it or not. In other words, you have to bring analysis to a conscious level and do it being fully aware of every step of the process of analysis. So prepare to turn on your exploration mode and set your curiosity free, because these are two components that a profound analysis consists of.
As a matter of fact, analysis and evaluation are two sides of the same coin. They are interrelated and each of them has its purpose. An analytical paper is usually assigned as a part of studying that or another piece of literature and asks you to give your personal judgment in regard to the book (article, scientific paper, research, short story, novel, both fiction and non-fiction writings) based on profound analysis. The core features that are peculiar to analytical writing can be found in the following examples:
- What methods does the author use to engage his readers into the reading?
- What makes the piece of literature different from all the rest? What makes it stand out?
- What was the purpose of the analyzed piece of literature and have the author managed to achieve it?
- What kind of impact does the writing make on the readers?
- What kind of figurative language tricks are predominating in the writing and what purpose do they have?
These are only examples of questions that you may ask yourself before you proceed to the analysis itself. But no matter what aspect of the literary piece you choose to discuss, keep in mind that your ultimate goal is to examine it in a certain context in order make a final judgement. While the object of discussion may be different, depending on the assignment, the key elements and techniques of dealing with analysis remain the same. You can see what an analytical writing looks like with the help of an analytical essay sample, but to understand how to go through the writing process, you have to dig a little bit deeper.
Things to do before writing
If you care about the outcome of your work, you should get started as soon as possible in order not to be in a hurry and take your time to do things properly. Unless you have natural writing skills and proper thoughts come to you in the right order right from the start, you will have to do some preparation before you step up to the writing itself. Here are the steps to take:
Brainstorm. Obviously, you have to settle on something to talk about. Choose a topic and narrow it down to a specific problem you want to discuss. Make sure the topic meets your personal interests and that you find it interesting to write about. Being passionate about the object of your discussion is the factor that determines your success at some point.
Develop an effective thesis. When the claim or the main idea is chosen, you have to figure out how you are going to support it. The thesis is a statement that announces your key message to the reader and shows its importance. This is how you both introduce your reader to the topic and engage him into the further discussion.
Look for the evidences. Having an idea is not enough, as long as you are aimed at the best result. Now, you have to find evidence to support it. This can be either a scientific fact, an example from real life or a quote, it is up to you. However, make sure every your idea is properly supported.
Work on the outline. Now it is time to tie things together. Come up with the right order of your thoughts and make logical links between all your statements. Check if ideas follow each other properly and it is easy to follow them. And remember, an effective paper is a well-structured one.
Creating an essay outline
As you may notice when reading an analytical essay sample, all the sentences follow each other logically and compliment each other. In order to achieve such a result, you need to develop an outline that would just put things into their places. Here is what you have to do:
- Write an intro. This is an opening section that serves to provide some background info to your reader and immerse him into the reading. The essential elements of an effective intro are: the hook (a special technique to catch the audience's attention), a sentence or two with the background information and the thesis statement.
- Develop the body part. The whole thing about the body is that you have to announce all your ideas and convince your reader that you are right. It goes like this: write the claim and support it with arguments. Provide one claim at a time and no more than one claim per paragraph. Also, remember about concluding sentences in the end of each paragraph.
- Make a conclusion. In contrast to what some students may think, conclusion is more than paraphrasing or restating the thesis statement. You can start by restating and summarizing, but you also have to clearly show to the reader that you have proven the main claim and let the conclusion flow easily and obviously. And finally, make the last sentence as impressive as possible to let your reader remember your essay for a long time.
Before the submission
Once you have got your essay written, don't rush things up and take your time before the submission. You want to make sure the essay is as perfect as it can be and in order to do this, follow these tips:
- Proofread. Have some rest and come back to take a fresh look at your essay. Find all the mistakes and grammar errors and fix them.
- Check if you followed the requirements. Did you answer the question of the prompt? Are there any holes in your writing or unanswered questions?
- Check if your arguments prove the point. Are all the evidences, facts and quotes relevant to what you have been analyzing?
- You can use online checking tools, but a better way is to let your paper be checked and improved by professionals. This is a guarantee that even tiny little inaccuracy will be fixed.
- Ask someone else to read your essay and make constructive comments. It is always a good idea to get a feedback in order to understand how your paper sounds to the readers. However, keep in mind their comments, but try to keep your own style at the same time.
- In the end of the day, ask yourself a simple question: do you personally like what you have written? Does the content matches your beliefs and values? Are there any contradictions between the info in your essay and what you actually think? If no, you can now consider your essay done.
If you still need help with analytical writing
We are happy to inform you that you don't have to deal with your writing assignment on your own any more. If you make an order, we will find a writer who will match all your requirements and be an expert in your specific area of studies to make sure that your essay is in reliable hands. You can keep in contact with your personal writer for clarifying any details or making additional comments. So unless following an analytical essay sample is enough for you to get things done properly, don't hesitate to contact us and find out more information about our writing service. Don't force yourself to this writing struggle, if there is a better option for affordable price. You deserve your college years to be more fun and enjoyable, and we are here to make it happen.